Questions for participants in the Ridef
Dear participants in the Ridef planned in Reggio Emilia July 2014,
we are the actors preparing a performance of Forum-Theatre for you.
In order to focus better your backgrounds and the topic to discuss with you through the Forum (as you maybe know it is a technique from Theatre of the Oppressed who involves the audience in searching for solution to the showed oppression: www.theatreoftheoppressed.org) we propose you some questions.
We met together to work out the play and we have some question for you; please answer before 31 March so we’ll be able to build up the play in time.
Be as detailed as possible.
WHO ARE YOU
1) Are you a teacher? (which age of pupils) or educator or what?
2) What languages do you understand enough? What do you speak?
3) What do you expect from the Ridef and from the Forum-Theatre?
WHAT ARE THE PROBLEM CHILDREN FACE
4) What are the main problem concerning the autonomy and participation of children in your context? (school, community, family…)
5) What are the main you are interested to find solution through the forum play?
6) What are concrete typical situation where children are not taken in consideration, do not have power? Cannot be protagonist as the Declaration of children rights sentences?
7) Children perceive these oppression in your opinion?
8) How much children internalise oppression or on the contrary reclaim for freedom and protagonism? And how they show that?
9) The relation educator/pupil in balanced? If not in what is unbalanced? How much space is given to children to take their own decisions?
10) In which life area they have more freedom to be autonomous?
11) Make at least 1 example of concrete situation where children are not free/protagonist/autonomous (describe a typical situation so we can put it in theatre scene).
12) How much the children are protagonist in your context?
13) What are the reason you identify that can explain the lack of protagonism?
14) Who are the main oppressors? (as social roles: teachers, priests, parents..?)
YOUR OWN OPPRESSION YOU MEET IN YOUR WORK
15) What are your own oppressions? Do you feel oppressed in your educational role?
17) By whom?
18) What are the concrete problem you meet and you don’t have solution for, but you will to solve, related to children’ autonomy and power?
Write your answers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks a lot and see you to the performance of 28 July in Reggio Emilia.
director of Giolli coop.